Catch up. . .

I had a wonderful meeting yesterday at the National Art Education Association headquarters in Reston, Virginia. Thank you NAEA, Kathi Duse, Lynn Ezell and Dr. Deborah Reeve for sharing your fabulous new space with us. I so need a chandelier in my office now! It was a pleasure to meet and share eLASTIC with Dr. Nancy Rubino, Senior Director in the Office of Academic Initiatives at the College Board, Pam Paulson, Senior Policy Director, Research , Assessment and Curriculum Center (RACC), Perpich Center for Arts Education in Minnesota and Dr. Sarah Cunningham, Executive Director of Research VCUarts. Everyone was very supportive and also shared challenging and good advice. Reliability, of course was everyone’s first concern and, as Dr. Alan Gershenfeld challenged, we simply must address sustainability.

There was a great deal of talk about how something like eLASTIC could drive integration of disciplinary teaching and learning-something we are all passionate about. I look forward to more conversations, perhaps a pilot study with AP, a discussion with the SAEDAE (they were meeting at the time, but are so busy working on standard of learning revisions that we did not intervene. Maybe another time.  I also hope their work will greatly inform the next steps of eLASTIC as I understand they will have criteria and benchmarks.